The partnership between Bloom Energy and Simplifhy for the installation of Solid Oxide Fuel cells in Italy
Simplifhy has signed a partnership with Bloom Energy, a company specialised in distributed electricity and hydrogen generation.
This collaboration has enabled the installation in Italy of one of the first Solid Oxide Fuel Cells.
In particular, Simplifhy supported the Bloom Energy team for the installation of a 1MW Solid Oxide Fuel Cell in the Ferrari headquarters in Maranello (MO).
More in detail, Simplifhy was in charge of several activities:
- the regulatory and procedural framework for connection to the national electricity grid
- safety aspects
- interconnection with existing factory systems
- relationswith the Ferrari customer for the supply and installation of the product
The objective of the partnership with Bloom Energy
The main objective of the partnership, which is now in the execution phase, is to enable Bloom Energy
to provide local support to Italian customers.
In addition, the common aim of the cooperation is to:
- make real and operational the first working applications in Italy
- define a long-term collaboration for new installations in Italy
- support decarbonisation through the use of highly efficient fuel cells
Danilo Serioli, Country Lead Italy at Bloom Energy, said about the collaboration:
“We are happy to work with Simplifhy, their knowledge of national issues is helping us in quickly delivering solutions that help our customers achieve their power generation goals in a resilient, predictable and sustainable manner.”
In contrast, Sergio Torriani, CEO of Simplifhy, said:
“We are the first solution provider in Italy totally focused on building decarbonisation solutions based on hydrogen technologies. Bloom Energy shares our vision of contributing to the delivery of solutions for a decarbonised world. Large applications always require local expertise and the ability to look at the specific application, even in a solution like Bloom Energy’s, which is very modular and easy to install”.